Sunday, May 23, 2010

Attack of the Cromos

Our kids have been talking a lot about cromos lately, which appear to be a Spanish hybrid between stickers and collectible cards.

Talking to people my age, it looks like while we in North America were collecting stickers, kids here were collecting cromos, which are like stickers, except for the sticky part. There's also some kind of game that kids pay that involve hitting the table and having them flip over, but I didn't quite follow the explanation.

If someone has a better explanation, please let me know.

2 comments:

Su-Lin said...

Right, I asked my husband about these as I got very curious after reading your post and he grew up with them too. He says they're sometimes collectible cards and sometimes stickers that go with an album (like Panini). He even demonstrated the flipping them over thing rather excitedly but I didn't follow its point exactly...

Oh, he's looked it up now. To play, the cromos are placed on the ground face down. The first player hits a card and if he flips it, he wins it.

santcugat said...

Awesome! Gotta enjoy these games before the kids are old enough to have video games take over their lives...