Friday, March 15, 2013

The quest for Spanish citizenship: Day 3

I woke up this morning at 6 am and sat at the Registro Civil in Rubi in freezing my butt off two hours. At least the other people waiting were nice and we talked quite a bit. This time I was early enough to get one of the precious 20 slots. The appointment itself was a joke: the woman told me which papers I should bring, and the time and date for the appointment to present the papers in July…. 2016! She didn’t even bother checking if I was actually a resident or here legally.

Let’s see if I’m still in Spain by then. Of course, all the documents that I got to present will be expired by then and I’ll have to do everything again. If I move anywhere else before the appointment, I’ll have to start all over again as well.

Here’s my advice: go for your first appointment 3 years before you qualify for citizenship.

Score: Spain 3, Me 0.

1 comment:

Jeremy Holland said...

That leaves you plenty of time to fill out the paper work!